Friday, January 22, 2010

Today's Unsent Letter


It's a curious thing, the way you contact me, send a little antenna to check if I'm still here, and then withdraw it back just as I come into view.
Why do you send a picture of what you see around you, why do you send me an intimate thought of me that involves your body or your women, why reach out and then shut down as soon as I come towards you in any way?
I wish you could understand what imbalance you create in my life when you do this. In fact I think you do understand it and pretend not to, I think you love doing it. I think you derive pleasure from knowing you can unhinge me so easily. You possess a cruel side to your personality that makes it harder and harder to connect to. I believe that what I'm connecting to still is the charming you, the one that was able to draw me out of my protective shell. The cruel side of you is going to become a burden one day. I wish I had never seen it.

No comments:

Post a Comment