Friday, January 14, 2011

A Week in January

The internet gods conspired and
I sat with no (1) in my inbox,
still had sex alone,
you a pirate and I a lady
who wondered about priorities
wishes, misses, tricks.
Then despite them
we sat as if to chat.
I wish we were in a bed, you said,
It's been a while. Years, I said.
You said you were older,
wrinkled eyes full of time and hurt.
No matter. I want what I covet.
A long time passed, passes, will pass
if the gods of sin allow us one last favour.
It won't be long enough if the gods are right to intervene.
I did not separate real lovers, already torn apart by time, space,
silence.
I aimed to resurrect what should be left
beneath mountains of memories and words.
From that tomb rises a ghost.
You feel great, says the ghost
seeping into my mouth.
It tastes like nothing much,
only a wonder I have not known before.
I sought something fueled by love.
The gods step in to save me.
Your pleasure can’t mend me where your words would do.
They have silenced you
to set me free.

No comments:

Post a Comment